02 Feb “Don’t Forget to Bring” Checklist
The ATO requires you to declare all income received during the financial year.
This may include:
- PAYG Payment Summaries (Group Certificates) from your Employer or Superannuation Fund
- Centrelink Payment Summaries (excluding Family Tax Benefit and some pensions – check with
- Centrelink if in doubt)
- Bank interest you have received in the course of the year that exceeds a total of $1
- Income received from a Cash Management Fund (eg ING, AMP, Navigator etc) ** Please ensure you
- bring the “Annual Tax Statement” with you, as the quarterly statements contain insufficient details.
- All Dividends received from shares (even if reinvested towards more shares)
- Rental income
- Lump Sum Payments and Employment Termination Payments (whether from an employer or a
- superannuation fund)
- Business income (if self employed)
- Capital gain/loss of an income producing or investment asset (from the sale of an income producing
- asset e.g. shares, investment property, collectables or a vacant block of land etc)
- ** Please bring documents relating to the original purchase as well as the sale.
- Trust and/or Partnership distributions
- Income received while working overseas
- Some overseas pensions
- Tips and gratuities
- Any other income from either Australian or International sources
In addition to income information, please bring along (if applicable)
- Receipts or details of work related deductions** please have receipts prepared– no shoe boxes please!!
- Partner’s date of birth, Tax File Number, taxable income details
- Private Health Fund statement
- HELP and/or financial supplement loan statements
- Total money spent on out of pocket expenses (or gap fees) for eligible medical costs (e.g. doctors,
- dental, pharmacy, optical, hospital) if exceeding a total of $2060